[aprssig] Strange packet in Austin last week

Earl Needham needhame1 at plateautel.net
Mon Aug 18 22:59:03 EDT 2008

	Went through Austin, Texas last week, and something strange happened.
I noticed my HamHUD/KPC-3+ wasn't transmitting anything -- I even tuned
to 144.39 with the 706 and listened -- sure enough, the HamHUD would
send data to the TNC to transmit, but nothing got transmitted.  This
went on for maybe an hour, and I finally stopped and cycled the power to
the TNC.  This cured the problem, but what the heck happened?  I wonder
if there was some weird packet or something that locked up my TNC -- I
know I've had the HamHUD lock up in the past due to bad packets being
received, but never thought the TNC would do that.

	7 3
	Earl
--
KD5XB -- Earl Needham