[aprssig] APRS on all Radios!!!!

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Sun Aug 17 11:10:59 EDT 2008

> In fact, we could make it by-directional and
> be full APRS on all voice repeaters.!...
> Could it simply be PSK-31 encoded? [subaudibly]

Using existing PSK31 and some clever translations for optimal varicode characters, the callsigns would be about 36 bits and a position to the nearest 6 feet on the globe would take about 64 bits.  CSE/SPD would take 24 bits for a minimum length of about 124 bits or about 4 seconds.  This is about the same average Packet throughput on the APRS channel!

Interesting.
Bob, WB4APR