[aprssig] Project-25 for amateur radio

Steve Jones steve.jones at rogers.com
Sun Aug 17 08:21:37 EDT 2008

On Aug 17, 2008, at 12:56 AM, Scott Miller wrote:

> But is there any user-accessible interface for this data, or is it
> just
> some reserved bandwidth in the protocol that'd require hacking the
> radio
> to get at?

The latest P25 radios from Motorola include text messaging and I
believe they have the ability to set an IP address for an external
device connected to them.

Other then playing with the text messaging, I have not looked any
further as to whether computer to computer communications is possible
using the radios as modems.

--
Steve <steve.jones at rogers.com>