[aprssig] Project-25 for amateur radio

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Sun Aug 17 01:04:39 EDT 2008

Scott Miller wrote:
> But is there any user-accessible interface for this data, or is it just
> some reserved bandwidth in the protocol that'd require hacking the radio
> to get at?
>
> Scott
> N1VG

Precisely  You've got it!   'As I explained in an off-list reply to Bob:

"[I.e. there is no standard "serial port data I/O" or equivalent on the
back of a P25 radio  that lets you stuff data in at one radio and have
it come out out a jack on the radio at the other end.]        [The 88
bps low-speed data logical "channel" has bytes set aside in each
double-packet of transmitted data in the bit-level description of the
packet structure, but there is NO standard interface for exploiting it.
Every vendor does different things with it.]"

--

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com

NEW!   World Digipeater Map
  http://wa8lmf.net/APRSmaps