[aprssig] Sept ARRL's QST 2008 article

Jan T. Pharo la2bba at jpharo.net
Thu Aug 14 11:55:45 EDT 2008

"Bob Bruninga " <bruninga at usna.edu>, Thu, 14 Aug 2008 11:32:27 -0400
(EDT)

>* Some people have reported that they use 100Hz PL in Europe and have never heard any falsing.

I have used 100, and am doing so for our local xband repeater, with no
problems, but a choice of something which should not get any
interference from 50Hz, sould be going safe.

>* I have not heard any feedback that anyone is using 123 Hz in Europe?
Some VoiceAlert users in LA, which is Norway, are said to be using
123, but I never heard any on my way. I have it in the car (-9) and
the boat (-8).

Maybe there could be a world wide third tone frequency, free from any
possible interference from 50Hz as well as 60Hz.

--
73 de Jan, LA2BBA
Hvaler, Norway