[aprssig] How to delete/remove an Object

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Aug 13 14:14:44 EDT 2008

On Wed, 13 Aug 2008, Adam C. (gmail) wrote:

> Can someone point me in the right direction to find information about the
> proper packet format for deleting/removing an object?  Or is this maybe
> handled by proper use of the decay algorithm?  The scenario is we have a
> local object that is created, an event for example, and once the event is
> completed is there a proper way to indicate the object is expired?
>
> Thanks for your help.  If someone can point me in the right direction where
> I can read about this instead of bugging the group, I'd appreciate it.

http://info.aprs.net

Click on "Protocol", then "APRS Specification".

There's a chapter on objects and items.  What you want is a "killed"
object format.

In Xastir you can "adopt" somebody else's object, then kill it.  I
don't know whether other packages have similar functions.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer