[aprssig] No APRS in Louisville, KY

Keith Stevenson ki4ybq at ki4ybq.net
Wed Aug 13 08:11:03 EDT 2008

Jeff,

There are a couple of digis in the Louisville area.  KF4ERV runs an
IGATE digi, and Bullitt Amateur Radio Society runs the KY4KY-3 digi
just south of town.  Both support New-N and I see repeater objects
posted at irregular intervals.  There's not a lot of other activity
though.

The largest APRS user in Louisville is our local search and rescue
team.  I'm not sure why it hasn't caught on beyond them.  One of my
pet projects is to start building a more cohesive APRS infrastructure
in Kentucky, but I'm still in the planning stages.

I'll look for your posits on your return trip through Louisville.

73,
Keith, AJ4KI (former KI4YBQ)