[aprssig] Mobile Displays on FINDU & .FI

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Tue Aug 12 14:13:34 EDT 2008

Greg,

More comments from the peanut gallery regarding the mobile display:

http://www.oaprs.net/mobile/WB4APR-1

1) THe "first field" is the callsign field, and is not part of the TEXT fields.  I think it should be shaded a slight color to distinguish it from the text and as a non variable field.

2) It needs to also have a symbol or lined box or something to further distinguish it.  THe D7 HT uses a bold RIGHT triangle to mark the callsign field.

3) The first two lines of text (10x10) (in my opinion) should be on a WHITE background to show they are most visible on all 2-way mobiles.

4) The 3rd line of text (8 bytes) should be light grey background to show it as different and not visible on many displays.

5) any additional lines should be background with darker gray to show it is not visible on most displays..

6) This display should always be shown on every station no matter what it is. Because that is what all mobiles see.  The originator of those packets must be forced to see what we all have to look at and if they dont like the way it looks, they can modify their formatting accordingly...

The page is looking better all the time!
thanks
Bob, WB4APR