[aprssig] Fuel Stops

John Ronan jronan at tssg.org
Tue Aug 12 07:44:45 EDT 2008

On 12 Aug 2008, at 10:59, k4rjj at bellsouth.net wrote:

> If it's something that the APRS community wants on the radio.  See
> also http://www.atlantagasprices.com

Heh, well "I" want it on the radio, in the areas I tend to drive
in :) (Tragedy of the commons anyone?) Which really isn't that big an
area, so I was thinking the cheapest 5 or 10 stations in each area,
once every hour or so.

We weren't sure if anyone wanted Irish weather data either but now if
we removed it, we'd be shot.

Note:
We inject the weather into ireland.aprs2.net so only our (2)
configured igates send it out to RF.
> I personally think it's a waste of radio bandwidth but it might be
> good for the APRS-IS

When the variation can be 15% in 5-10 miles, it can be worth it, but
your point is taken

> As long as he understands that his feed cannot have any commercial
> messages even those promoting his web page.

All he would be doing is giving me the data.  Obviously I'd say where
the feed is from "pumps.ie" but thats all.

--
John Ronan <jronan at tssg.org>, +353-51-302938
Telecommunications Software &  Systems Group,  http://www.tssg.org