[aprssig] BOUY-4

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Mon Aug 11 11:14:20 EDT 2008

Dave KO4MI wrote...

> ...back at the Naval Academy, but continues broadcasting. Shouldn't
> it be turned off?

I think there was a mention of leaving it intact to keep it water-proof
for re-deployment, and of course there was a discussion about magnetic
on/off switches between the device and the battery. However, if it had a
transceiver instead of a transmitter, and it was using a Tracker2
instead of whatever is in it, it could be reprogrammed remotely,
including turning off beaconing. Of course, the receiver, GPS and
Tracker2 would continue to draw current while power was applied.

Also, with a Tracker2, the temperature sensor could be put at the bottom
of the enclosure to measure water temperature and it could of course
also include the supply voltage in the beacon.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH