[aprssig] Email addresses in APRS

Gary n6lrv at cox.net
Sun Aug 10 12:49:27 EDT 2008

In setting a standard of including an internet email address in an APRS message we're, in a sense,
encouraging further communication via the internet when, I think, we should be focusing these
messages on alternate amateur modes of communication first, maybe internet second, then maybe phone
numbers third, etc. Afterall, the purpose of these messages is to inform travelers, those in need of
assistance, etc. so we should provide info that is most helpful to them at the moment.
Gary
N6LRV