[aprssig] Kenwood TH-D7 Camera mounting?

Alex Carver kf4lvz at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 10 12:17:04 EDT 2008

> Message: 12
> Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2008 23:44:00 -0700
> From: Greg D.
> Subject: Re: [aprssig] Kenwood TH-D7 Camera mounting?
> Additional
> 	Thoughts
> To: TAPR APRS Mailing List <aprssig at lists.tapr.org>
>

> So, if the Kenwood camera isn't designed to mount on
> the D7, why do they have those nice 1/8" round notches
> at the top of the belt clip?  I thought they'd be for
> mounting something...    I guess they were just for me!
> Sounds like I get to invent something myself.

Those little slots are for routing a microphone cable through to eliminate stress on the connectors.  You plug in the cable into the D7, route it up over the top of the radio, down through the nearest slot, under the belt clip, and then back up the other side.  It locks the cable in place and won't yank on the connectors if the radio happens to fall while you're holding the microphone.  Page 3 of the manual, lower right corner illustrates the attachment method.