[aprssig] Kenwood TH-D7 Camera mounting?

Alex Carver kf4lvz at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 10 12:13:28 EDT 2008

> Message: 10
> Date: Sat, 09 Aug 2008 22:04:18 -0400
> From: "Stephen H. Smith" 
> Subject: Re: [aprssig] Kenwood TH-D7 Camera mounting?
> To: TAPR APRS Mailing List <aprssig at lists.tapr.org>
> Message-ID: <489E4CA2.3060107 at aol.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
> The VC-H1 can be used with any radio. It connects to the
> TH-D7 speaker 
> and mike jacks with a curly cord mic-type cable terminated
> in the 
> typical double mini plug assembly used by external speaker
> mics.  Other 
> available cables (before the VC-H1 was discontinued)
> connected it to the 
> 13-pin full-size DIN jack on Kenwood HF rigs, or the 6-pin
> MiniDIN 
> "data" or "packet" jacks (actually TX
> audio/RX audio/PTT/Squelch) 
> present on many HF and VHF radios.  

There was one more cable that Kenwood sold which was a triple-plug for the D7 which allowed the D7 and VC-H1 to communicate with each other via the D7's serial port (much like the forked cable for the D700).  Either of the cables with the serial connection allowed for advanced functions including remote triggering of the shutter.


More information about the aprssig mailing list