[aprssig] Fwd: RE: BUOY-4 recovery

Steve Noskowicz noskosteve at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 6 23:30:05 EDT 2008

 ...  "kinda" neat ?!  Super!     Way to go!

   Makes me wanna' go out and get a TinyTrack and make something myself, but, alas, *WAY* too many projects already.
   That PVC should be pretty rugged [except, possibly, for the vertical antenna part], boat collision-wise.  Is the bottom sealed off from the top section, or is it just a PVC size-adapter ??

RE:  "... it was a little hard to spot, ..."
   Needs a little Day-Glow flag, eh?

What do the commercial units look like?

--  73, Steve, K9DCI
P.S.  I haven't heard talk of a GONIO since I was in the Navy, DFing.  Sure would be neat to have one of those HF U-Adcock, Gonio rigs now.

--- Bob Bruninga wrote:   Its a harsh environment out there...