[aprssig] BOUY 4

Ben Jackson ben at ben.com
Wed Aug 6 13:52:52 EDT 2008

On Wed, Aug 06, 2008 at 11:24:22AM -0400, Bob Bruninga  wrote:

> It was recovered today.  But it will be re-deployed abouve once a
> week for th enext few weeks.  We are leaving it running, because
> we dont want to break the seal.

For the HF buoy I daydream about from time to time I was planning to use
a hall sensor so that a properly placed external magnet would turn off
the buoy.  I figured a metal plate on the inside would give it something
to stick to, and the sensor would be weak enough to require some super-
strong magnet (like one out of an old harddrive).  Then the magnet would
have a float that would remove it in case of accidental deployment w/
magnet.

--
Ben Jackson AD7GD
<ben at ben.com>