[aprssig] Best TH-D7A after-market battery

John Habbinga kc5zrq at gmail.com
Sat Apr 26 22:07:58 EDT 2008

All of the D7 packs that I've seen are made with "2/3 A" battery
cells.  Mine had 600 mAh cells in it.  I work at a battery store and
the highest capacity we have is 1100 mAh in NiMH.

I've never come across a 2/3 A battery made of Li-Ion, so I'd imagine
it would take some creative redesign to use Li-Ion.

On Sat, Apr 26, 2008 at 7:33 PM, Scott Miller <scott at opentrac.org> wrote:
> What's the best after-market battery for the D7?  I'm really frustrated with
> the stock battery.
>
> I'd always heard that it was the TNC that drained the battery so fast, but
> I've been using the D7 to test my simplex repeater project, and even with
> the TNC off and transmitting on extra-low power, it's only good for a few
> hours of intermittent use.
>
> I'd love to find a Li-ion battery for it, even if it meant not being able to
> use the DC adapter or the standard charger.
>
> Scott
> N1VG

John Habbinga, KC5ZRQ
Lubbock, Texas