[aprssig] APRS Location to Text

Robbie, wa9inf mwrobertson at comcast.net
Thu Apr 24 13:56:47 EDT 2008

William McKeehan wrote:
> Does anyone have an easy way to translate an APRS position into something
> human readable? For example, KI4HDU-7 is in Kodak, TN

Bill, by chance are you wanting to see the actual printout of the Mic-E
formated packet data string?

Several years ago, Ian Wade, G3nrw, wrote aprsdecd to decode the Mic-E
packets that will probably do what you need.

There is a couple plain text description files included in this zip file..

By courtesy of Gerard, F5VAG, here is a source,

  http://f5vag.nerim.net/files/aprsdecd.zip

Plus,  http://www.tapr.org/~g3nrw/

I've used the program many times and its really cool...

Robbie