[aprssig] Found and Resolved! (re: BL1730)

Steve Noskowicz noskosteve at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 23 21:18:44 EDT 2008

--- James <kb7tbt at gmail.com> wrote:

...it's  better _than_ chocolate, Jim  (:-)

   Uh... There's only ONE thing better than chocolate, but not by much. (;-o

RE: Jim Duncan's post:
>I made contact with Mr. Flippen who was initially very beligerent,
> threatened to have his attorney indict me and bring me to Ft. Smith
>  and present my evidence.

  This indeed sounds strange.  Doth he protest too much?

>  he's had lots of problems with people using his identity
for various things...

  Perhaps this helped him identify the source of the other problems.  and
perhaps loose a job..

> Withing 10 minutes I received a call from Will Stewart,
> ...he had purchased the MT8000A over the internet so he could
> watch himself move around. ...
> He claimed to not know that he was transmitting or
>  that it required alicense.

   Big hole here!  Technically astute and he didn't know that he was
transmitting.  Very hard to believe this story. What was the antenna for?  How
did he think the data was getting to "Google Earth?  I don't buy this at all.
I would have probed deeper in these areas.  Who'd he "buy" it from...

>  He claims to just use Google Earth and it shows him on their maps.

  Did you leave someting out, Kim?  Did you persue this as to just how he
"Watches himself" on "Google Earth" ?  It's got to be Findu.  Unless there's
some other clandestine system out there...

>  I explained the potential penalties ...

The fellas in the local (Park Ridge, IL) office could be convinced to make a
phone call, or perhaps a visit.  I don't know if other offices are like that.
There's a long story about some intentional jamming up here, some years back,
but not for here.  They came out, took the jamming device and tagged the spot
where it had been hanging in the tree.  The note said "...if you want the
device returned, contact Mr... of the FCC)  Pretty funny.

--
73, Steve, K9DCI