[aprssig] APRS Location to Text

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Wed Apr 23 15:19:14 EDT 2008

If you want to do it off-line (not relying on Google or something) then
you're going to need a database.  I've done it using Oracle Spatial,
loaded with the USGS GNIS database for place names.  Then it's a matter
of looking up the nearest population center and getting the distance to it.

There are a number of geocoding services online, but I'm not sure how
many free solutions you're going to find for stand-alone use...

Scott
N1VG