[aprssig] FOUND -NEW laptops for APRS

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Tue Apr 15 15:29:18 EDT 2008

> serial ports with very low latency and is supported in
> all three operating systems (Windows, Mac, and Linux).

What do you mean 'all three?'  What about us OpenVMS users, huh?  =]
But then, we've had Ethernet to serial devices in the form of DECservers
for decades.  Yeah, they're the size of a PC, but only about twice the
price, and they support DECnet LAT!

Seriously, there are a couple of other operating systems relevant to ham
operations, but I think most of them can be made to work with Ethernet
serial servers.  I've had good luck with those made by Black Box, though
there are probably cheaper solutions.

And I can say from experience that those work just fine under OpenVMS as
well.  =]

Scott
N1VG