[aprssig] APRS Device in Mongolia?

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Mon Apr 14 14:03:31 EDT 2008

How soon do you need it?  I've got a new project that might work:

http://n1vg.blogspot.com/2008/03/new-prototype.html

5W transceiver with Tracker2 in one box.  It's got a solid state relay
to control power to the radio board, shutting down for low-power sleep
mode isn't a problem.  Keeping it under 10 mA would probably require
swapping out the regulator for one with low quiescent current, not a
difficult mod.

Battery voltage is provided, but there's no temperature sensor in the
box.  Only the 1-wire bus is brought out to the connector, but for a
one-off project it'd be easy enough to hard-code the device IDs of the
temperature sensors and it can read a 1-wire quad ADC.  There are
several 10-bit ADC channels on the MCU, but I don't think any of them
are brought out to convenient pads.  Maybe one or two.

The VHF version should ship this summer.  Might have a few samples
before then.

Scott
N1VG