[aprssig] NEW laptop for APRS with a Serial Port?

Gary n6lrv at cox.net
Sun Apr 13 17:03:26 EDT 2008

If you're buying a new PC then REQUEST A SERIAL PORT. All major PC makers still
offer a serial port on request on most of their current models. My company
purchases hundreds of name brand PC's every year (often Dell) and we still
(always) get serial ports on them but you have to ask when placing the order.
Sometimes a parallel port also (when needed) but you have to ask for it.
Gary