[aprssig] DGPS?

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Sat Apr 12 17:58:10 EDT 2008

Earl KD5XB wrote...

> I've been on the road almost a week, so my apologies for the late
> reply.

No problem. I'm sometimes a week behind, but don't have an excuse for
it!

> I can answer this in two sentences -
>   1.  I like using DGPS.
>   2.  It gives me pleasure.
> I could expound on this a bit, but these two sentences pretty well
> boil it all down. Actually, we could do away with
> either one and it would still say pretty much the same thing! <G>

I'm probably just jealous that I don't have DGPS! Like I said, I
wouldn't want to discourage someone from using it. I just think that for
"general APRS use" it just isn't needed. However if someone is equipped,
why not? I've got an RTrak beaconing completely on solar power right
now... because it gives me pleasure! For regular use, I'll just connect
a battery.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH