[aprssig] Raw Packet Questions

Dave Sloan desloan at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 27 21:00:14 EDT 2007

Hello all,
   I just pulled this packet off of findu.com and it was sent 1 min ago.

Raw packet: XXXXXX-x>SY0P0Z,RELAY,WIDE2-2,qAo,N9VP:'iXl K\]146.850MHz &
v-Alert=

I never have gotten very good at reading these raw packets. First thing I
notice is the mobile is using relay. I guess it could be that the digi's in
that area are not using the new paths. Right? Then I think that it was N9VP
that put the packet onto findu. Right? That really confuses me. The mobile
is showing in Maryland just outside of DC and N8VP is located just north of
Philadelphia. I know that there are a lot of Gateways a lot closer. What is
happening here? What is 146.850MHZ telling us? The mobile is using v-Alert
and has a new Kenwood 710. Right?

TNX & 73,
Dave N0EOP