[aprssig] Need Path Mentoring

Jan T. Pharo la2bba at jpharo.net
Tue Sep 25 11:19:59 EDT 2007

"Robert Bruninga" <bruninga at usna.edu>, Thu, 20 Sep 2007 18:04:21
-0400:

>Your D700 can have 5 different permanently saved paths. One in
>Each PM.  If you shift around from PM to PM, you might be
>inadvertantly using some paths you did not intend to use.

Oh?
I can store different other settings in different PMs, but I have
tried to store different paths with different PMs and did not succeed;
this is a problem when passing country borders (or going into regions)
where the expected unproto paths are different. Like, when I recently
were to a long weekend in Germany (DL), I were driving through SM and
OZ, and OZ doesn't support WIDEn-N at all, but only (RELAY,)TRACEn-N,
and in Sweden the digis seem to support both systems (as I could see
my track in aprs.he.fi while using the danish setup). It had been a
good thing to only switch PM to use the new setting set. So I might
have been trying it in a wrong way, but I didn't manage to do it. So I
changed the setting manually (and back again when coming home).

--
73 de Jan, LA2BBA
Hvaler, Norway