[aprssig] Re: D-STAR video on YouTube

Andrew Rich vk4tec at people.net.au
Mon Sep 24 02:31:58 EDT 2007

Am I missing something with DSTAR.

If all you want to do is pass messages, 1200 baud packet is fine.

The only advantage I can see with DSTAR is the faster data speed.

But then that is disadvantaged by the higher frequency.

I wrote a HTML based system using packet radio and it worked well.

Maybe it is the attraction of pushing the IP stack into the radio .

Andrew Rich VK4TEC
vk4tec at people.net.au <mailto:vk4tec at people.net.au>
http://www.tech-software.net