[aprssig] rotate.aprs2.net

Chris Kantarjiev cak at dimebank.com
Sat Sep 22 15:22:38 EDT 2007

> Thanks for your note.  The rotate address has had 20+ addresses in it for
> as long as it has been in use, and you are the first person to note a
> problem with it.

Phil,

Thanks for the response. It used to work correclty on my WRT - did the number
of addresses increase recently (the last month, I'd guess)?

I suspect that the limit I'm running up against is not in the DNS
protocol, but in an implementation. I don't have a source tree
set up for OpenWRT, but will try to track one down.

I think that using regional pools makes sense; that's the way that the public
NTP servers are set up (www.pool.ntp.org).

Interestingly enough, that machine is using "pool.ntp.org" to get
the names of NTP servers. But the DNS response to a query on that
address returns only 5 addresses, even though there are over
1400 hosts in the pool...

73 de chris K6DBG