[aprssig] New APRS virtual reality Idea!

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Thu Sep 20 15:28:41 EDT 2007

I discussed this idea with a friend the other day, in the context of the
Army's Land Warrior system.  The biggest problem I see is in reliably
determining the direction you're facing.  A fast, accurate electronic
compass that can tolerate a lot of tilt in two axes is NOT cheap.  Last
time I checked Honeywell had those for about $400.

Other than that, I think the sound stuff could be done with
off-the-shelf hardware.  It's already done in video games.

Scott
N1VG