[aprssig] (OT) Nuclear Energy

Charles Gallo Charlie at TheGallos.com
Thu Sep 20 01:01:27 EDT 2007

On 9/20/2007 Rick Green wrote:

>   Even Nuclear isn't the 'silver bullet'.  Uranium is a finite resource,
> and is subject to production limitations, Peaking, and decline, just as
> any other mineral resource.

Yeah - except that, with the overturn of one law, we could start reprocessing fuel, and build reactors that use some of the 80% of the uranium that is left over, plus the plutonium

The reason for the law, and the fear, is that folks could get their hands on that plutonium - which then could be easily made into weapons grade stock.  I think that the no reprocessing stance was a big deal (and a good thing) back in 1976 when it was passes, but in today's day an age, when a lot more countries are already doing it - including many small countries, the risk of someone coming to the US to steal reprocessed fuel is a LOT lower than them just buying it/getting it from some other country

--
73 de KG2V

For the Children - RKBA!

I am logged in, therefore I am.