[aprssig] Bob Not Using His Own Advice?

Brian B. Riley brianbr at mac.com
Thu Sep 20 00:10:59 EDT 2007

Well nobody has died yet, but we here in VT are mighty worried about
the SOB's that are running VT Yankee ... they just had a cooling
tower collapse and knock out a big chunk of their capacity. It was a
wood and metal affair  and the rot should have been apparent to
anyone bothering to look ... but that is the problem, they weren't
looking.

VT Yankee is one of the oldest reactor vessels in the nation. each
new owner takes it on and tries to run on as a cheap a budget as
possible, each trying to make their money and then run like hell
trying not to be the one stuck when the vessel has to be shutdown.
They will be safely in  their condos in California, when VT is
glowing  in  the dark!

In of itself nuclear power is definitely  the way to go ... what
worries me is they will be run by people for whose operating practice
will be dictated by the bottom line.

--
cheers ... 73 de brian  riley,  n1bq , underhill center, vermont
   <http://web.mac.com/brianbr/>  Tech Blog