[aprssig] I-55 Perryville - Cape

Richard N. Piper IV richard.piper at media4god.org
Wed Sep 19 15:04:28 EDT 2007

This is KC0RNP. Here are some observations that I have from my trip
from Perryville to Cape. If you look at
http://aprs.he.fi/?call=KC0RNP-9 you can see that I am being heard
using WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1. However the radio never once said MY POS. It
still appers that it would be nice to have a WIDE1-1 placed in
Perryville or Cape. In some areas on I-55 from Perryville to Cape no
stations come up on my D-700 but in other areas they do, granted I
know the nerest 2 Digis are not close to Perryville. There is one in
Sickston and one over in IL. I am moving to IL in the near future so I
am not much help for getting a Digi set up in Perryville or Cape but
does anyone have any ideas on maybe how 2 get someone to set on up?

--
Richard N. Piper IV, Executive Director
Media4God Ministries - Enhancing Ministry Thru Media
Perryville, MO 618-681-1624 richard.piper at media4god.org
http://www.media4god.org http://blog.media4god.org  http://forum.media4god.org
See where my car is located at using Ham Radio APRS at
http://www.media4god.org/kc0rnp.html