[aprssig] D700 APRS squelch. NOT

Richard N. Piper IV richard.piper at media4god.org
Wed Sep 19 05:30:20 EDT 2007

> Exactly.  But the squelch has nothing to do with packet RX and
> so there is no reason to set it anywhere except way up.  Why
> take the risk of a nearby computer, gas pump, ATM machine or any
> other interference from knocking your mobile off of APRS by
> opening the squelch.

Bob and everyone else I now have my D-700 set with the squelch set
"tight" in fact it will not go any "tighter"

> As you note, an open squelch will completely disable your system
> from ever transmitting.  Even if you have the volume turned
> down, or you run CTCSS 100 voice alert.  There is no advantage
> of the Band A squelch other than bad.  SO set it high enogh so
> that it never opens on noise.

I now have the D-700 with the volume turned down as far as it will go.

--
Richard N. Piper IV, Executive Director
Media4God Ministries - Enhancing Ministry Thru Media
Perryville, MO 618-681-1624 richard.piper at media4god.org
http://www.media4god.org http://blog.media4god.org  http://forum.media4god.org
See where my car is located at using Ham Radio APRS at
http://www.media4god.org/kc0rnp.html