[aprssig] Re: Fixed station Operator Present Bit

Joseph M. Durnal joseph.durnal at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 12:52:09 EDT 2007

Could that be because Xastir is actually good APRS software?  There
are many others that are not.  APRSdos is great too, it does have that
shortcoming when it comes to the maps, but all of the other features
are great!

APRS sort of makes me want to become a programmer.  I sure would like
to make Xastir do all of the things that APRSdos does, and then some.

It has been mentioned a couple of times on this list that some APRS
features were not implemented or considered because they wouln't work
with XYZ software.  If it makes APRS better, it should be done, and
the software will have to catch up.

73 de Joe NE3R