[aprssig] Lubbock Paths?

John Habbinga kc5zrq at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 09:28:45 EDT 2007

> Not only that, but they have a  WinLINK object as well.

There are no WinLINK objects.  There are Telpac nodes on all the UHF systems
(446.150 MHz) and they identify using APRS format.

The UHF systems also have APRS digipeater and I-Gate capability.  If the
site also has a VHF (144.390 MHz) APRS digipeater/I-Gate, then stations that
transmit on UHF will come out on VHF.

UHF coverage is much better than VHF because of higher gain antennas, less
congestion and a lower noise floor.  Mobile stations can use much smaller
antennas and still perform as well, if not better, than VHF systems.  VHF is
not being abandoned, but additional development in the Lubbock area will
include UHF.