[aprssig] D700A TNC Problems????

Doug Ferrell, KD4MOJ kd4moj at kd4moj.org
Sun Sep 16 12:02:47 EDT 2007

Ken H> wrote:
> On the path statement, I agree with everything you are say....  BUT
> when I was running the WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1 I very seldom showed up on
> findu.com.  Many times I would hear myself digi'd (as I did
> yesterday) so I  know I am making it to a digi - turns out it's
> always the KI4ELU-7 station - but I still would not show up on
> findu.com.  After I changed the settings to WIDE1-1,WIDE2-2 my
> station started showing much more often.  Today I am planning a ride
> over to Ocean Springs, MS and I'll change the path to WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1
> and see how that works.
>
> Thanks to all for their comments - I'm learning a LOT more about how
> this APRS stuff works.  I just hope my radio doesn't have problems.
>
> Ken H>

  Ken one thing to remember, showing up in Findu, you are at the mercy of an
igate. So if the Igate doesn't hear the digi or the packet, then you will
not show up on findu. Doesn't mean you are not digi'ing, you are just not
reaching the Inet. Seems you said in a previous post that the Igate was 3
hops away. Maybe you or someone in your town can setup one. All it takes is
a home station and a client prgm (such as Ui-View) to feed what it hears at
your home station to the Inet. Then you will see yourself all day long!

...DOUG
KD4MOJ