[aprssig] It's BOB's way or no way!!

Steve Noskowicz noskosteve at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 15 17:46:01 EDT 2007

  Steve,
   There's room for understanding BOTH views.  You are
clearly coming from the view of an involved Digi-Op. A
VERY involved one.   That's a good thing.
  Unfortunately, reality shows that there are still
the absentee-digi-Ops.  It would be nice if all
digi-Ops would take the time to do what you do.  It
would have helped me greatly when I got into APRS 4-5
years ago.
    I have also seen that, although nice guys and all,
Ops who are looking at screens of APRS packets aren't
likely to call you when they see something strange.
If you know they are watching and ask them, they jump
to help, of course.

   While a nice guy, and trying to do the right thing,
the local ARES digi-Op asked _me_ to check _his_ dll
(his term) when I was having trouble - because he was
not sure it was correct nor a complete Guru and knew
it (I couldn't of course).  So there are less than
experts running Digis.

On the other hand, Bob, I wonder if this is a problem.
 How many absentee-digi-ops will go to the trouble of
doing the path-altering code.  Probably none.

SO I suspect that only "willing-to-Elmer" Digi-Ops
will do the path-mod thing, no???

73, Steve