[aprssig] D700A TNC Problems????

Ken H> sailingtoo at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 17:36:49 EDT 2007

On 9/15/07, Steve Noskowicz <noskosteve at yahoo.com> wrote:

> receiver).    Also, the digi Tx ould be off  with its
> tones or freq)  and not be _reliably_ decoded by other
> digis, up-streem.
> Here in N.E illinois, listening to .39, I've heard
> some pretty bad digi signals.  WAY over dev., under
> dev., squeeks and squwaks during TxDelay.
>
> 73, Steve, K9DCI
>
> That is exactly what I'm concerned about Steve, is this new D700A has  a
> bad TNC - for so far, ONLY one digi seems able to digi my signal.
> Once KI4ELU-7 retransmitts the packet, it seems OK.

I just set the path to W4IAX-7,WIDE2-2 and now there is a different digi
showing up first, but since that station is 200 miles away, I doubt it's
actually the first station.  Could there be some reason W4IAX does not
insert it's call in hte packet it sends for me?  W4IAX-7 does show up as the
first digi for many other stations.

Thanks,

Ken H>