[aprssig] It's BOB's way or no way!!

Steve Jones steve.jones at rogers.com
Sat Sep 15 14:36:12 EDT 2007

On Sep 15, 2007, at 2:17 PM, Bob Bruninga wrote:

> Huh?  If he is successful, then he will leave it that way.  And
> yes, it will work at that one crutch-digi, but you are setting him
> up for failure on his next trip!
>
>> Sure, the user has used an incorrect path
>> but let's correct his mistake, get him on the
>> air and then help him to understand what he
>> should be doing.
>
> Really?  Who is gong to correct it?  How?  Its working!

Sorry Bob but I get the feeling you don't bother reading anything
that disagrees with your views.

Others have already commented on the Elmering aspect of amateur radio
and how my method supports that.

If somebody doesn't want to play APRS as you have deemed we should,
then we ignore him.

This seems to come up time and time again in this forum.  If somebody
has a view of APRS that differs from you, then they're wrong.

There seems to be two ways of doing APRS.  Bob's way and the wrong way.

Sorry for intruding on your forum.  I just thought others might like
to know how I use my digi's to educate the newcomers.

I feel sorry for the new guys who stumble upon one of your digi's and
wonder why they're not getting in.

--
Steve <steve.jones at rogers.com>