[aprssig] D700A TNC Problems????

Cap Pennell cap at cruzio.com
Sat Sep 15 04:34:44 EDT 2007

 -----Original Message-----
<snip>
> Cap, I'm not sure what you mean by *K9FV-1 is apparently using
> KI4ELU-7,WIDE2-2* - do you mean I've got KI4ELU-7 set into my
> radio to be the first digi?  I assure you that is NOT the case -
> KI4ELU-7 just happens to pick me up first most of the time.

Okay, Ken.  I wrote: K9FV-1 is apparently using KI4ELU-7,WIDE2-2 (or
WIDE1-1,WIDE2-2)

because from here (in California) I can only see your packets from the
internet.  So sitting here, I can't really tell if you're VHF path is set to
WIDE1-1,WIDE2-2 (or KI4ELU-7,WIDE2-2), or whether your packets are also
being digipeated by W4IAX-7 (in addition to them being digipeated by
KI4ELU-7) or not.
73, Cap KE6AFE

P.S.  Yes I see a couple of your packets showing 3 hops to reach the
internet, but that appears to be a result of packet collisions on the
frequency (destroying some of your digipeated packets) rather than because
your station was in a location without a more direct route to the internet
also possible.

Conservative digipath and transmission interval settings are friendly
settings, and if more folks used more conservative settings as their
routine, then there'd be fewer packet collisions and hence more "throughput"
for all of us sharing the single North American VHF APRS frequency.