[aprssig] D700A TNC Problems????

David Odom dodom at mindspring.com
Fri Sep 14 19:26:32 EDT 2007

I have not followed this thread too closely but one think I don't remember  the hidden TX problem being mentioned.

 The higher the digi the more stations it hears.  In FM the strongest signal captures the receiver.  If a stronger signal or one nearly equal in strength broadcasts during the time you are transmitting your burst, it will mangle or cover your burst.  You may not hear this signal because your antenna is lower or more distant from the interfering station than the digi.

Dave
W4VOR