[aprssig] D700A TNC Problems????

Bill Vodall WA7NWP wa7nwp at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 19:40:16 EDT 2007

> My question it says the *unit of the parameter is 10 milliseconds - with a
> default of 50....  is that *50 milliseconds?  OR 50 times 10 for a total of
> 500 milliseconds?  Half second seems like a long time for a default?

It is a half second and it is a very long time.  Any equipment that
requires a longer TXD then 500 ms should be tuned with a 12 gauge...

The D700 uses flat audio.  Most digi's probably use sloped audio with
standard pre-emphasis.  Some times it will be enough "different" that
the digi won't decode the D700.

Bill - WA7NWP