[aprssig] D700A TNC Problems????

Ray Wells vk2tv at exemail.com.au
Fri Sep 14 19:16:52 EDT 2007

Ken H> wrote:

> You are correct Cap, at this point, when at home I am closer to KI4ELU
> than to W4IAX, BUT on the trip to work, I pass within a couple of
> miles of W4IAX.  Heck, even at home there is less than a mile
> difference between the two digi stations - and W4IAX has a LOT higher
> antenna.

Let's take this a little deeper than just routing.

What is the rx response time at the two stations? There are radios and
radios! There will be a particularly noticeable difference in TNC
response time if one station is running muted (squelched) audio to the
TNC and the other is using unmuted audio.

Ray vk2tv