[aprssig] D700A TNC Problems????

Ken H> sailingtoo at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 19:07:10 EDT 2007

You are correct Cap, at this point, when at home I am closer to KI4ELU than
to W4IAX, BUT on the trip to work, I pass within a couple of miles of
W4IAX.  Heck, even at home there is less than a mile difference between the
two digi stations - and W4IAX has a LOT higher antenna.

Also, on the WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1 setting - as I mentioned before, that is what I
started with, but had a VERY hard time getting digi'd to an Igate so changed
to the WIDE1-1,WIDE2-2 setting and it seems to be working somewhat better.
Most of the time I am making it to an Igate in 2 hops, but if you check the
trace, there are a few times when there are 3 hops involved.  In the last
couple of days it has even made it in one hop a good portion of the time,
with 2 hops other times.

Cap, I'm not sure what you mean by *K9FV-1 is apparently using
KI4ELU-7,WIDE2-2* - do you mean I've got KI4ELU-7 set into my radio to be
the first digi?  I assure you that is NOT the case - KI4ELU-7 just happens
to pick me up first most of the time.  Last week I was digi'd thru a couple
of stations in MS - and the Igate was in New Orleans and once in Jackson,
MS.

Thanks for all the info  and comments - I'm learning as I go.

73 de Ken H. K9FV-1