[aprssig] D700A TNC Problems????

Ken H> sailingtoo at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 18:08:49 EDT 2007

Thanks for the info Eric, but I am NOT always getting into the IS system -
For instance today, if you look at the track of me for today, you can see
where my last position is shown - after than point, I was digi'd at least 6
or 8 times between there and Fairhope, AL, but none of those show up on
fundu.com or
http://aprs.he.fi/?addr=36605&mt=m&z=11&timerange=21600 - if that gives the
time frame when I was tracked - about noon today (Friday).  I normally run
auto beacon set at 1 minute, but sometimes will change it to 30 sec just for
testing on a  trip trying to be tracked more consistently.

I see other mobile stations in the same area as I am that are tracked MUCH
more than my station - and they are digi'd by W4IAX-7 digi - and many times
our track will overlap.

I understand what you are saying about the Igate dropping one digi or the
other when receiving packets from both, but why is it ALWAYS W4IAX that gets
dropped for me, but not others.  Also, if you follow my track over the past
several days you can see the biggest "missed" spots in my track are up along
I-10 where W4IAX is located.  If I do get digi'd from there to an Igate, it
will be the KI4ELU station that gets me, even thought it's several miles
away, while W4IAX is less than a mile or so away.  Heck, from I-10 I can see
W4IAX's antennas on the tower.

Sorry to keep harping on this, but I'm just learning about APRS, AND with a
new radio I wish to confirm if it actually has a problem or not.

Thanks for the suggestions.

73 de Ken H> K9FV-1