[aprssig] D700A TNC Problems????

Eric Goforth eric at goforthtech.com
Fri Sep 14 16:44:19 EDT 2007

You have to remember that what you see from the IS (FindU,
aprsworld.net, aprsdepot.com, etc.) does not ALWAYS show how your
station is working as it relates to digipeaters.  You may be getting
digied just fine by W4IAX-7, but the path to the nearest iGate (which is
responsible for posting your information to the IS) may be by way of
KI4ELU-7.  OR, they may both be getting you to a nearby iGate just find
but because the IS drops duplicate packets, only the W4IAX-7 digi is
getting 'recorded'.

What your more concerned with is getting into the IS regardless of how.
If your positions are making into the IS, then all is well and good.

Eric J. Goforth, N6GOF
www.APRSDEPOT.com