[aprssig] Digipeaters with local sysop rules...

Patrick Green pagreen at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 08:26:20 EDT 2007

It would have been cool if the spec allowed for a "live operator" bit.  Most
of the problem stations are stations that are "automatically" beaconing to
frequently or have a lid path setup and no one can get a hold of them.  The
key here is getting a hold of them, especially via APRS itself.  If they are
automatically beaconing while mobile, treat it as a station in automatic
operation that is subject to normal digipeater operators rules, ala NSR if
they want but then an exception be made when the live operator bit is set
like a manual posit, etc.  Sure they could be abuses to this system but it
offers compromise at least.

I do path experimentation and it would be irritating to find that someone
was NSR'ing my packets especially if that digi was the only digi I could
reliably get into.  Just some thoughts anyway.

73 de Pat --- KA9SCF.