[aprssig] Old Digi_Ned Refurb

Jason Winningham jdw at eng.uah.edu
Thu Sep 13 14:31:54 EDT 2007

On Sep 13, 2007, at 12:09 PM, Chris Kantarjiev wrote:

> I'm hoping that Scott will eventually "fix" this, so that the T2 is
> real competition for
> the KPC3+ :-)

IMO there will never be any competition between the two.  If the KPC3
design was any older, you'd have to configure it with punch cards or
paper tape.

Let's not get the cart before the horse worrying about proportional
pathing on the digi's own position reports - digipeating is the real
job of a digipeater.  The T2 has smart digipeating, which puts it
ahead of anything else out there short of digi_ned, which requires a
computer.

My wish list for the T2 digipeating (or any smart digi) is the
ability to rewrite the _entire_ path, not just modifying the hop
count on the element that's currently next to be digipeated.

-Jason
kg4wsv