[aprssig] ARISS, quadrifilar helicoidal antenna

K7FTP k7ftp at commtechreview.net
Mon Sep 10 14:59:03 EDT 2007

You might actually be able to do that off of a Jeep.  I have seen military
radio Jeeps with a lot of stuff hanging off, and we have a number of
antennas on our Project Jeep (http://www.commtechreview.net/jeep)

I'd be thinking about mounting off the back with a pole mounted with
two supports.  You might want to put some well-attached diamond
plate or other reinforcement back there.  Keep in mind safety (including
height) and visibility, and I think you could do it.

Of course, if you live in a nanny state with safety inspections, you might
face some questioning or objections.

We have never had any questions from the state or LEO's about our
antennas and lights, but I know that CA and some other states want
to regulate you into conformity and uniformity - oops, I mean safety.