[aprssig] WIDE settings

Ken H> sailingtoo at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 19:10:30 EDT 2007

Hello All, Can anyone explain to me the different between:

>From Bob B. webpage:
WIDE1-1    One HOP works everywhere and via HOME stations
WIDE2-2    General mobile recommendation and metro areas
WIDE3-3    Rural areas with no mountains for hundreds of miles

and

WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1     New TWO hop path which is safe to use everywhere
WIDE1-1,WIDE2-2     New 3 hop path that may be used in remote areas

WIDE1-1, WIDE2-2 and WIDE2-2 settings??

and what does the WIDE3-3 setting do?  Where I'm at in Mobile, AL I
quite often get a digi reponse to my D700A of "my pos", but it never
shows up on findu.com.  The "my pos" tells me I'm getting digi'd by
the first digipeater, but it's never making it to an Igate... correct?

Thanks to any and all for info,

73 de Ken H> K9FV  (K9FV-1)