[aprssig] Re: metrics

Steve Dimse steve at dimse.com
Sat Sep 8 15:32:51 EDT 2007

On Sep 8, 2007, at 3:15 PM, Mark Fellhauer wrote:

> And brevity is the soul of wit, Steve.   I figure if people are
> really interested they can do further reading on their own.  What
> do pilots say?  "Too much information, kills"

Doctors believe wrong information kills, and it is our job to make
use of all available, correct information. We spend considerable time
learning critical analysis of the medical literature. Too much
information never killed a patient.

> I find it odd that twice in as many days you've told the SIG that
> I'm wrong while pedantically and rather wordily reiterating exactly
> what I said.

Man, you are trippin. You said the Greeks divided the circle into
360, I corrected that it was the Babylonians. You said the reason was
it was close to the lunar numbers 13 times 28, I said neither of
those numbers is at all related to the lunar cycle, and furthermore
the real reason was because either it was close to the 365.25 or the
limited of their circle dividing technology. If you think the
Babylonians are a pedandic reiteration of the Greeks, well, guess
there is no point arguing that with you.

If you are a pilot, and you really believe that wrong information is
better than too much correct information, I hope I never end upon
your plane!

Steve K4HG